Thank you, London Grammar. Excited for the full return:
Gotta go to this U2 tour!
Cool job title: President of Playlists at Spotify
Oldie but a goodie: "Did you read it?"
Digging this new Foy Vance tune:
Baylor Sports Nerd Alert
- "Carrie & Lowell" live ... basically magic:
- It's real: the Blinksale iOS app is here! We've worked really hard on it, and I hope you'll sign up for a Blinksale account, download the app, and play around with it. And we'd love to hear your feedback!
- Such an honor to lead worship at Barna Labs last week. I love the work the Barna Group is doing.
Digging Good Great Fine OK:
September has been an unusually rich month for new music, and here are some highlights for me:
- Blake Mills | Heigh Ho. The live show last Thursday at El Rey was among the best I have ever seen. Unbelievable instrumentation and direct songs. Hoping to get the vinyl soon.
- Ryan Adams | Ryan Adams. After listening the first time through on NPR, I knew this record would be in my top 3 for all of 2014. I only buy vinyls of records I already love, and I bought the vinyl the day it came out.
- Delta Spirit | Into the Wide. I've loved keeping up with these guys since the Noise Ratchet days, but this record shows their maturation in the best way.
- Lecrae | Anomaly. A huge congrats to him on charting #1 on Billboard!
- Alt-J | This Is All Yours. I have only given this a quick listen, but so far I like what I hear.
- The Tree Ring | Ten Rivers. Going to a farewell show for one of your favorite bands is never fun, but The Tree Ring has continued to give their community great songs. (See photo below)
- Robbie Seay | Psalms, Volume 3 - EP. Robbie is an amazing songwriter and so consistent.
Then came some surprises with new singles from Damien Rice and Ben Howard.
And in a historical and controversial move, this other small band made their record available for free.
And with that, I deem this a rich musical month.
For anyone interested, I made a September playlist comprised of some of my favorite songs from all of the aforementioned records on Spotify. Enjoy.
Photo of The Tree Ring from their farewell show by Phillip Harder.
- If you haven't scrolled through Chris Ozer's blog, take a second to do it, and you'll be really inspired.
What do you all think about Coin?! Technology!
Really appreciated what Judah Smith had to say during the Resurgence Conference.
5 posts matching "u2"« View All Posts
Browse by Category– Music
Featured Blog Posts
August 18, 2017
April 14, 2017
December 31, 2016