I wish more people wrote this honestly about music.
Thank you David Brooks.
- In honor of Christmas, here are some past holiday songs I recorded. Enjoy!
I love Louie's tweet here: "Mystery and majesty and meekness in the manger call for hallelujahs and humility and honor from all men."
The Beatles putting their music on streaming services starting tonight is a big deal!
If you pay any attention to the surf world, you certainly saw Kelly Slater's manmade wave. Looks amazing. I'm hoping for a left, though.
- So stoked on the content that Stephen and his team at Reddit are putting out. Check out their piece on Nick Woodman (Founder of GoPro from their Formative series!
- Google's "Year In Search" is always so well done.
Hope you all had an awesome Labor Day weekend!
- SerialBox Presents: Season 2 released last week and we are so excited to have it out. All of the sessions turned out really great, and here is a peak of Noah Gundersen's:
Speaking of football, the team Stephen works on at VOX Media (The Verge, SB Nation) is killing it. The design of this College Football preview is fantastic, and I especially like what they had to say about Baylor Football.
Last but not least, thanks to everyone who "liked" the photo I posted on Facebook over the last week for the Hughes Marino contest. We won and will be sitting in the front section at the Padres game tonight. Look for me on TV!
- This Thomas Senf photo of Patagonia is insane:
- Really loved getting to see The Last Royals this week. Check out their video:
Hopefully the NCAA Selection Committee sees Baylor Men's Basketball the same way these facts line up.
I caved. I am finally a Daytrotter subscriber. $2/month is already totally worth it.
Congrats to GQ's Best New Menswear Designers! Fun to have some sort of connection to 3 of the 4 brands. Excited for all of them.
Just old stuff from Sufjan's hard drive:
(Photo by Pawel Kopczynski/Reuters. From The Big Picture.)
Hard to believe that the Olympics end on Sunday! We've thoroughly enjoyed watching along with the world. Usain Bolt is a beast. And can you imagine if he actually ended up playing for Manchester United?
You may have seen this floating around the internet this week, but the New York Times put out a really interesting look at the history of medalists in the 100-meter sprint.
Check out Lacey's new favorite blog: mckaylaisnotimpressed.tumblr.com
I was encouraged when I heard these words this week: "God never hurries. There are no deadlines against which he must work. Only to know this is to quiet our spirits and relax our nerves." -A.W. Tozer
Talk about brutal taxes. This could drive France insane, or a lot of people out of there.
Mumford & Sons are back! It is exciting to hear this song in anticipation for the rest to follow.
- Last but not least, happy birthday to my Dad! So thankful to be your son.
6 posts matching "new york times"« View All Posts
Browse by Category– Music
Featured Blog Posts
August 18, 2017
April 14, 2017
December 31, 2016