Congrats to Stephen and team at Reddit on the launch of Upvoted!
Living in web app world, I know what this guy is describing when he identifies what is worse than paid app updates.
I know I just mentioned Ben's reel the other day, but really excited about his Faroes Project coming up here:
Thrilled to release this first trailer for SerialBoxTV // Episode 1. Enjoy:
After watching some of the Grammys this past weekend and collectively reflecting with music fans everywhere on music in the year past, I got excited about making a list of the records I am really looking forward to hearing this year from artists who have (at least) hinted there is new music to come this year:
- Jose Gonzalez. You check check out the record now via NPR Music's First Listen. And let this get you excited.
- The Lone Bellow. This record already came out, and people are taking notice. Cool move for them to work with Aaron Dessner from the National.
- Local Natives. They are only getting better with time.
- John Mayer. Come on! Nothing better than a good Mayer record, so hoping this one is good.
- Macklemore. Highly anticipated follow up. I hope the energy stays the same.
- Frank Ocean. More hype to follow.
- Coldplay. I am not sure the extent of this release, but they usually put out gold, so I feel good about it. (Goldplay ... see what I did there?)
- Lord Huron. Their first release was so solid and loved by so many other artists (including this one), that big things are expected here. First single is a good glimpse:
- Sufjan Stevens. I have never been more excited a vinyl coming. (It's clear ... another pun.)
- Sandra McCracken. An honest take on the Psalms that will be really refreshing for everyone who listens.
- Josh Garrels. Josh has been posting bits and pieces here and there.
- Hawai. Now that they have changed their name from JThoven, everything is in line to go well for these guys.
- Phil Wickham. Every release gets better, and with Phil and Pete working together again, great things are destined to happen.
- Passion Pit. They just released a trailer for their new record on Pitchfork which was short, but got me excited for April.
BONUS A few great records that are already out that I really recommend you check out:
- Cody Culberson. Tyler Halford has been super hard at work with Cody, and it is paying off big time.
- Father John Misty. J. TIllman is definitely shaking up the boat -- and it's a good thing.
Let me know what the records you are looking forward to most are on Twitter! (@p_dodd)
73 Music posts« View All Posts
Browse by Category– Music
Featured Blog Posts
August 18, 2017
April 14, 2017
December 31, 2016